Last week, Janet over at HouseFour very kindly awarded me the Liebster award! The award is awarded by fellow bloggers to blogs with fewer than 200 followers to introduce them to a larger audience.Anyways, when I heard about this me first thought was ‘What the heck is a liebster’, so being the pseudo-nerd that I am I turned to the all-knowing wizard otherwise known as Google and asked. Apparently leibster is a German word meaning sweetheart, beloved person, darling or liked very much.
When you’re awarded the Liebster award there are 5 rules that you must follow. They are:
- Choose five up-and-coming blogs to award the Liebster to. These five blogs must have fewer than 200 followers.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog.
- List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
- Share 5 random facts about yourself.
Anyways, I mentioned at the start of this post that Janet gave me this award last week, and you’d think that I’d immediately do a post about it. I would have except for one wee problem – it turns out that most of the blogs I read on a regular basis are quite well established and don’t qualify as much as I’d love to recognise them. What was I to do? Well, I did what any self-respecting blog addict would do, and set out to discover a few new-to-me blogs who might qualify. So, after poking around quite a number of blogs over the past few days I’ve managed to round up a list of 5 blogs I really like. Some of the blogs below I’ve been reading for quite some time, some are fairly new to me – I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Anyways, here is the list of blogs I like (In no particular order)
- Jo at As Is Home
- Bradley and Leena at Bye Bye, Brooklyn
- Lucy and Jess at I Love, I Need
- Kim at A Girl Called Kim
- Geena at The Sweetest Digs
(If I’ve awarded you this award and you have more than 200 followers I apologise – sometimes it’s really hard to tell)
Okay, and on to that boring part of ever award show – you know, when those uncomfortable looking accountants come out and explain how the results were tabulated:
5 random facts about me:
- I was born in Montreal, but grew up in Toronto
- I HATE the cold. This can be a problem given I live in Canada
- I was a synchronized swimmer growing up – even going to Nationals
- I don’t float, which makes the preceding random fact rather ironic
- I LOVE to travel – the list of places I’ve visited is fairly long, but the list of places I want to see is even longer.